[GRASS5] GRASS and LGPL

Angus Carr acarr at iname.com
Tue Jul 4 18:12:05 EDT 2000

> So, GRASS developers: What's your opinion here? Any problems to put the
> GRASS libs under LGPL?
I am all for this license change, personally. It fits in better with the
original relase concept of "public domain". As an occasional contributor, I am
happy to see my code be used elsewhere.

Most of the improvements to GRASS will continue to be rolled back in by
contributors, and will be made available to the GRASS community.

If there is a licensing issue associated with doing an Open Source (but not
GPL-compatible) project, we should change our licensing conditions, if only to
allow further usage of GRASS, which can only be good for us, the GRASS
community.

Angus Carr.