[GRASS5] Questions regarding GIS.sh

Michel Wurtz - ENGEES/CEREG mw at engees.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Jul 3 11:20:57 EDT 2000

Justin Hickey wrote:
[...]
> 1. In gis.head the user's home directory is determined by
>         home=`cd;pwd`
>    Is it safe to assume that this information can be obtained from the $HOME
>    environment variable? It seems to me that the $HOME variable is guaranteed
>    to exist on all platforms. Is there any reason not to use it?
[etc...]

Your idea for a tcl/tk startup routine is very good, but
don't forget that this interface may be also used
with Windows, once the port of monitor will be completed.  So
you should look at Unix and Windows when programming your tcl/tk
interface.

Just my 2 cents

--
Michel Wurtz    ENGEES - CEREG
                1, quai Koch - BP 1039, F-67070 STRASBOURG cedex