[GRASS5] New startup for GRASS in the works

Justin Hickey jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Thu Jun 29 08:24:52 EDT 2000

Hello all

Just a note to let you know that Markus Neteler and I have been working on
developing a new Tcl/Tk interface to starting GRASS. If all goes well, users
will be able to choose GRASS data directories, locations, and mapsets within a
GUI, as well as create new ones. The current text based interface will no
longer be neccessary, but will be available for those who prefer it.

Furthermore, the design will make it easier to add other interfaces for the
startup procedure since the interface code will be separate from the core code.

Further details will be provided when available. I hope to have this done
within a week or two.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th