[GRASS5] masscomp display programs

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Mon Jun 19 20:24:11 EDT 2000

Hi Markus,

the IRIS driver should be removed too, it is for IRIX systems without
X11 (pre IRIX 4? don't know, that was long before my start with IRIX).
MASSCOMP, Tektronix and Intergraph are IMHO not used any more. Anyone
still using SunView with the SUN driver?

I would suggest that everyone who encounters obsolete code should post
to the list. There are for sure some more obsolete parts and with cvs
nothing is lost forever.

If you have a script to remove from cvs, go for it.

thank you,

Andreas

Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 09:31:03PM +0200, Andreas Lange wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i found by accident the directory src.contrib/NPS/GA1000 containing a
> > driver for the "Masscomp GA 1000 graphics display". Are there any
> > objections that i cvs-remove this directory?
> >
> > If i get no feedback, i will cvs-remove the directory, as i think it is
> > of no use.
>
> Hi,
>
> in my opinion it can be removed. Additionally the directories
> src/display/devices
>        4105
>        IGRAPH
>        IRIS (?)
>        MASS
>        SUNCORE
>        SUNVIEW
> may be removed.
>
> >From README:
> Contents:
>    MASS          The MASSCOMP driver
>    SUN           The SUN color driver for SUN windows
>    4105          For Tektronix 4105
>    IGRAPH        Intergraph driver
>    IRIS          IRIS Personal Workstation - Silicon Graphics
> [...]
>
> Andreas: I have a cvs.remove script which would simplify the remove
> process. Of course it needs to be used carefully. If you want, I
> can remove the stuff for you, if all agree.
>
> Best wishes
>
>  markus

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de, A.C.Lange at GMX.net