[GRASS5] Bug found in sites.c (reading string attributes)

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat Jun 17 11:22:48 EDT 2000

Dear developers,

from David's data (he posted this bug recently) I have
run some 20 tests on working with single and multiple
string attribute in sites lists. Single and multiple
doubles are read correctly.

There is a bug:

Several string attributes are not read correctly,
if *spaces* occur within the strings (even if
@"substringA substringB" is used).

It can be tested with s.info which says: "format mismatch".

The bug must be in: src/libes/gis/sites.c
Function: int G__site_get (internal)
Maybe around line 393.

Note: If you have multiple string attributes *without*
spaces, it works o.k.

Unfortunately my programming knowledge is sufficient
to fix the problem.

Looking forward for help

 Markus

PS: I have fixed the d.siter Gmakefile, now d.siter
will be installed properly (a nice "d.sites" tool
based on tcl/tk).