[GRASS5] Re: patch and CELL questions

Carl Anderson candrsn at mindspring.com
Sat May 27 02:41:00 EDT 2000

grass at gen.knu.ac.kr,

in GRASS5

the response of
	d.rast map=spot.image bg=black		renders as greyscale
  is not the same as
	d.rast map=spot.image bg=red		renders as color
when using the GRASS4 colormap

The differring responses do not occur with GRASS5 colormaps (both
render as color)

The spot.image tested is from spearfish/PERMANENT

Tracking of the "bug" will have to start in
src/display/d.rast/cmd/display.c
Since GRASS4 did the colors right, using both GRASS4 and GRASS5
drivers, I suspect one of the Libraries and not the XDRIVER.
look at D_set_colors ().

At the moment I don't have time to track this "bug" down.
maybe in a few weeks, if you don't get to it first.

There is a development mail-list for GRASS it is
grass5 at baylor.edu.

This discussion may generate more help if conducted publicly
there.
( I am posting this response there )

C.

--