[GRASS5] More widgets available with Tcl/Tk

Justin Hickey jhickey at impact1.hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed May 24 04:58:57 EDT 2000

Hello all

Yesterday I committed to the CVS tree a third party package called BWidget.
This package is a pure Tcl/Tk (that is, no compilation is needed) extension of
the widget set of Tk. It includes new widgets such as on mouse over baloon
help, a tabbed notebook like worksheets in Excel, a directory tree, and many
others. The sources are stored in the directory src/libes/bwidget and there is
a README.grass file as well as a README.txt file there that contains further
information. A demo and manual pages are also included. It is very simple to
use this package since it only needs to be included in your Tcl script with a
require statement, and then the widgets are accessed like any other Tk widget.
The README files have details on how to do this.

To install this into the grass structure, simply run the Gmakefile in the
src/libes/bwidgit directory. It will also be installed by default if you run
make install.

Note that the new v.digit we are working on will use this package.

Thank you for your time.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th