[GRASS5] CVS administration

John Huddleston jhudd at itc.nrcs.usda.gov
Tue May 23 12:39:50 EDT 2000

No, the cvs update, watch, and edit commands do not
change permissions on the local directory.

Justin, chmod the directory to 777 locally.  If the
repository directory were read only, then you would
not have been able to checkout a file.  It needs to
do a temporary lock and lock directory for the
short period of time that you are accessing the file.

John Huddleston