[GRASS5] Digitizer drivers in v.digit

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu May 11 13:55:39 EDT 2000

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 10:41:14AM -0600, John Huddleston wrote:
> Markus (et al)
[...]
> Almost, here's a full sequence with explanation.   After a 'cvs rm'
> the local CVS/Entries file is changed but not the repository.  Then
> after a 'cvs commit', the repository file bin_digit.c,v is moved
> to a newly created (if it did not exist) directory and the local
> CVS/Entries file no longer has the bin_digit.c entry.  After the
> cvs add, only the CVS/Entries files has the entry.  After a
> 'cvs commit' or 'cvs ci', the CVS repository moves the Attic
> file back (only if it is the same name) and increments the
> revision number, then updates your CVS/Entries file to
> reflect the new revision number.

Ok. So I should not perform two steps at the same time...

On the v.digit stuff:
Do I have to apply further changes or is it o.k.?
This isn't clear for me yet (excuse me, sometimes I am pretty
slow). -> Perhaps personal mail not to bother the others...

> Sometimes announcing before commiting is good in a team
> environment.  If anyone is heavily pounding on the code then
> they can also let you know.
Of course. Until now I was rather the only writing to the
CVS. So I have to learn how to work in a developers
environment! But this is what I was dreaming of. :-)

I'll try to learn harder.

Thanks, John, for your patience,

 Markus