[GRASS5] d.site.labels and d.sites.label

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Mon May 1 11:12:54 EDT 2000

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> you are welcome!
>
> > What is the difference between both programs? I think that only one
> > (d.site.labels?) is needed.
> As far as I know only d.site.labels is useful.
> I suggest to merge both into one module d.site.labels
> or to throw away d.sites.label immediately.
> It just confuses to have to rather identical modules.

Hi Markus, Hi Grass-developers,

i need some input on how to create a consistent user interface for the
sites programs.
As the possible field components (zero or one category value, many
floating point values, many string attributes) and their combination can
not be put on one label the user IMHO should be able to select which
parts of the sites entry should be used by d.sites.label.

Are there other sites-modules which i can use as a example on how to
deal with that? Is there a stardard for the interface?

Coding the program is not a problem, but i think that the sites-modules
must have a consistent user interface.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de, A.C.Lange at GMX.net