[GRASS5] MATHLIB not found link error

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Nov 29 06:45:47 EST 2000

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 06:54:13AM -0500, Tim Cera wrote:
> With the CVS checkout on Tuesday night, './configure', 'make install',
> received an error for just about every link.  "Cannot find @MATHLIB@
> .." or something to that effect.  The command line shows @MATHLIB@
> instead of "-lm", or whatever my distribution needs.  Suse 6.4.  Sorry
> that I don't have time to track down solution.

Hi Tim, hi Fernando,

this was reported for several platforms. It would be a help
if you could copy-paste this part of configure messages:

checking for xdrmem_create in -lsun... (cached) no
checking for xdrmem_create in -lnsl... (cached) yes
checking for xdrmem_create in -lc... (cached) yes
checking for deflate in -lz... (cached) yes
checking for atan in -lc... (cached) no
checking for atan in -lm... (cached) yes

The last two might cause the problem as the MATHLIB is not unset
properly. So we need to know about your configure output.

Thanks

 Markus