[GRASS5] FWD: update of NVIZ: auto-redraw uploaded

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Nov 23 08:03:35 EST 2000

Hi all,

Bob Covill has implemented a new auto-redraw widget for
NVIZ. I have uploaded it to CVS.

Thanks to Bob - it works o.k. (on Linux).

Cheers
 Markus

From: Bob Covill <bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca>
To: Markus Neteler <neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de>
Subject: NVIZ update

Markus,

I have attached 2 tar files with updates for NVIZ.

The first Src.tar is a new versions of init_commands.c and draw.c to be
placed in .../NVIZ2.2/src. These files create two new functions. The
first Nauto_draw returns the status of the auto-draw checkbutton from
tcl. The second function is Ndraw_all which simply calls all three draw
functions (surf, vect, site). I added this one to save on typing.

The second tar file Scripts.tar contains new versions of panel_main.tcl,
panel_vect.tcl, panel_site.tcl, panel_vol.tcl, and widgets.tcl. These
should be placed in .../NVIZ2.2/scripts. A number of changes have been
made to the TCL scripts including:
- auto-draw is bound to all sliders and associated checkboxes.
- auto-draw is bound to XY position puck
- auto-draw is bound to "Look here" and "center" buttons.
- all vector and sites files provided from the command line will be
enabled at startup on all surfaces

I have tried to improve the callbacks from the float (not int) sliders
and associated entry boxes. The callbacks now recalculate the number of
digits (precision) and resolution (increment) for the sliders each time
each time a new value is set. This should help reduce the number of bad
redraws when setting values. A bad redraw is when the window finishes
drawing and reverts to wire. A value now set in an entry box should not
get rounded to another number. I also added a auto parameter that
automatically sets the size the entry box based on the startup value
provided.

You will find that if the redraw is interupted with the scales or entry
boxes the screen will reset after the new redraw. In other words the old
draw will continue after the new draw is finished.

Give the new setup a try and let me know how it works.

Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting
P.O. Box 2016
Fall River, N.S.