[GRASS5] Re: bug in configure routine

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed Nov 22 02:51:39 EST 2000

Hi Eric

"Eric G . Miller" wrote:
> o Auto test/search and *confirm* TIFF library support (after
>   --with-tiff, is processed but before AC_SUBST()).
> o Auto test/search and *confirm* TCL/TK (like tiff stuff)
> o Need all of Mesa/OpenGL.
> o Need all of PostgreSQL.
> o Need ODBC/iODBC.
> o Need DLLLIB (empty except for CygWin ?)
> o Others ???

How about

o XDRLIB empty for SGI machines
o Test for jpeg library
o Test for png library

Also, is there a way to get configure to search in directories unique to
systems? For example on SGI the png and jpeg libraries are not installed
by default but can be easily installed under a directory called
/usr/freeware from their website. Is there a way to tell configure to
search /usr/freeware if the machine is an SGI? Or do we need to provide
an option to indicate which directory to search?

Thanks alot for taking up the configure mess. I'm sure all of us
"configure brain dead" people greatly appreciate it. I know I do.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center