[GRASS5] Re: bug in configure routine

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Nov 22 02:30:14 EST 2000

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 06:39:12PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 01:37:01AM +0900, GRASS wrote:
> > From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <jan at intevation.de>
> > Subject: Re: [GRASS5] Re: bug in configure routine
> > >
> > > Yes, I have done that to compile GRASS :-)

> > > The configure environment should just behave in a general way
> > > (as it is widely used) and be consistent.
> > >
> > > Jan
> > >

> > OK, however, those options do not work right now.
> > If we want to be consistent, those options should be fixed to work correctly.
> > In this case, what should be used if --bindir and --with-bindir both given?
>
> Remove --with-bindir
> and make --bindir work.
>
> If I understood everything... :)
> 	Bernhard

They're both there for the moment (in configure.in). --with-bindir will currently override
--bindir.  However, configure.in is still missing many things that got
hacked into configure directly.  I'm working on fixing configure.in, but
this black art takes time (and people say C pointers are hard!).

Sorry to all if I've temporarily screwed up the build system for you.
If anyone wants to work on tests for the following items, feel free:

o Auto test/search and *confirm* TIFF library support (after
  --with-tiff, is processed but before AC_SUBST()).
o Auto test/search and *confirm* TCL/TK (like tiff stuff)
o Need all of Mesa/OpenGL.
o Need all of PostgreSQL.
o Need ODBC/iODBC.
o Need DLLLIB (empty except for CygWin ?)
o Others ???

I'll work on this some more tomorrow...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>