[GRASS5] r.in.png/r.out.png

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Nov 21 17:44:01 EST 2000

Hi again,

i checked both programs. They do _not_ depend on the netpbm tools or the
pbm library.
I can now recompile them on Cygwin with just adding the headers from the
actual netbpm 9.8 distribution.

So we could check in the header files within src/include.

I changed a call to png_write_destroy(), this function is deprecated and
should not be used any more. Perhaps this was another reason for core
dumps.

But i found that the files written by r.out.png are _very_ big
(r.out.png edges from the global dataset yields a file 29 MB big).
Although the image consists only of white and blue pixels. This is IMHO
not compressed at all (4500x2250x8bit x rgb ~ 29 MB). gzipped it shrinks
down to less than 200k.

Any comments?

cu,

Andreas
Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net