[GRASS5] New MacOS X compilation errors

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Nov 21 14:55:13 EST 2000

Hi Markus,

sorry if i was not clear.
Generally the use of G_malloc is preferred over malloc.
_BUT_ in this case i feel that it is unneccessary to use G_malloc, as
the code is stable, no debugging is needed etc. And G_malloc will give a
(slight) overhead due to one function call more.

I yesterday checked in pedantic casts, changed all malloc/realloc
function parameters to (size_t) casts and removed the problematic
redefinition of char *malloc(); char * realloc(); that caused the
problem with Mac OS X.

It _should_ compile on Mac OS X now, but this could only be proved by
Jeshua.

cu,

Andreas

Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 07:59:32PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Hi Jeshua and all,
> >
> > I have updated all malloc -> G_malloc in
> > src/display/devices/XDRIVER
> >
> > cvs up src/display/devices/XDRIVER
> > gmake5 src/display/devices/XDRIVER
> >
> > Please tell me if it is o.k. now.
>
> Hi all,
>
> do we have to change
> realloc
> as well?
>
> Markus

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net