[GRASS5] MacOS X tcltkgrass errors <CVS>

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Tue Nov 21 02:33:53 EST 2000

Hi Jeshua

Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> GRASS 5.0beta9 > /usr/local/grass-5.0b/bin/tcltkgrass: cd: no such
> file or directory: /var/root/bin/powerpc-apple-macos [20]
> /usr/local/grass-5.0b/bin/tcltkgrass: cd: no such file or directory:
> /var/root/bin [20]
> /usr/local/grass-5.0b/bin/tcltkgrass: cd: no such file or directory:
> /usr/local/sbin [20]
>
> Suggestions?

What is happening here is that the tcltkgrass script is searching your
$PATH variable for Tk "wish" commands. In this case there are 3
directories defined in your path that do not exist on the system:

/var/root/bin/powerpc-apple-macos
/var/root/bin
/usr/local/sbin

I don't think any harm is done, Grass still starts doesn't it? But if
you want to get rid of these messages, either create these directories
on your system, or remove them from your PATH variable.

Hope this helps.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th