[GRASS5] Win32 configure.

Mike Thomas mthomas at gil.com.au
Sat Nov 18 16:57:04 EST 2000

Hi all.

One of the problems with building on Windows is that the configure script
doesn't work well.

Q 1.
By inspecting configure.in, I notice that a check should be done for rpclib
in the XDR part as follows:

XDRLIB=
if test -z "${XDRLIB}"; then
AC_CHECK_LIB(sun, xdr_int, XDRLIB=-lsun)
fi
if test -z "${XDRLIB}"; then
AC_CHECK_LIB(nsl, xdr_int, XDRLIB=-lnsl)
fi
if test -z "${XDRLIB}"; then
AC_CHECK_LIB(rpclib, xdr_int, XDRLIB=-lrpclib)
fi
AC_SUBST(XDRLIB)

As I haven't been able to get autoconf to work on my computer, could someone
please do this and check it in?

Q 2.

Also, I happen to keep my X headers and libraries in /usr/local/X11r6.4
which doesn't get picked up by configure.  Maybe what I really need to do is
move them elsewhere rather than expecting configure to do this.

Is there a recommended location to put them on Windows?

Cheers

Mike Thomas.