[GRASS5] Jan's copyright notice ++

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Nov 14 11:46:19 EST 2000

-------------- next part --------------
On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 04:25:26PM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 09:01:58PM -0800, Eric G . Miller wrote:
> > Looks okay except, shouldn't the LICENSE part be spelled out more?  GPL
> > may not be specific enough and shouldn't it give the address for the
> > Free Software Foundation in case the license is missing.
>
> Yes, I agree.  The GPL instructions do yield a large header, but they
> are worth it from the legal standpoint, being careful to identify the
> license sufficiently.

My idea in crafting the short two line version was to make it
easier to slash this onto sourcecode files which did not have any
copyright notice at all in it before.

But I also always included the long version, as blessed by the FSF
in the main files, where there were copyright information before.

You can already find this in the codebase as I changed the copyright
notice on behave of a couple of grass contributers recently.
	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)