[GRASS5] New MacOS X compilation errors

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Sun Nov 12 21:53:12 EST 2000

Hi Eric

"Eric G . Miller" wrote:
> Hmm, the compiler doesn't deal with empty "default:" statements in a
> switch properly???  Try removing the line above that has the empty
> default statement and see if it works then.  If it does, I'll remove
> it from the CVS version (but it's really a compiler bug).

May I suggest adding a "break;" statement as the "default:" action? The
compiler is probably expecting a C expression (ie something that ends
with a semicolon) and finding the "end switch" brace bracket instead.
Besides, it is good programming practice to always include a break
statement for the default case.

And, in general, please do not remove legitimate code from the CVS
source files. If there is a bug in a particular compiler that it cannot
parse legitimate ANSI C code, then a FAQ should be created for that
compiler with a work around solution. We should not change legitimate
code in the source files for a compiler or system bug.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center