[GRASS5] flex/lex, compatibility

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu Nov 2 11:08:16 EST 2000

Hi,

can we make flex a requirement for compiling of GRASS5?
The problem is now that some modules can be compiled with either flex or
lex, but one module uses an option "%option lex-compat" which is not
recognized by standard lex.
Under Linux everything is fine, as flex is always installed, but with
Solaris and IRIX some machines have a standard, old-fashioned lex
installed.
Alternatively we could change the module/lex file, but this would
require some investigation on the side-effects.

Do you have other ideas?

cu,

Andreas
Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net