[GRASS5] Jan's copyright notice ++

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu Nov 2 09:21:53 EST 2000

Hi Justin,

the file header is as such a nice idea. But wouldn't it be possible to
get one step further and introduce something that can be processed
automated (with some documentation system or something homegrown)?
I feel it is a waste of time to re-write the headers (which are from
on-liners to several pages of prose) while we have not decided how the
future development strategy will be.

If we agree that we want the modules have internal information about
authors, version, purpose, function, title etc. this should be done in
one place/with one system.

Another question: What should be done with the old comment headers? I am
clueless if they must be preserved for license reasons or if the info
should be included into the new headers and then discarded.

cu,

Andreas

Justin Hickey wrote:

> Hello all
>
> After seeing Jan's new copyright message and consulting with Markus, I
> took the message a step further and added a "file header block" that
> should be included in all grass files (at least any new ones). I updated
> Jan's copyright instructions in the SUBMITTING file so please take a
> quick browse of the file for details.
>
> If anyone has suggestions for changes or objections, then please feel
> free to respond to this message.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
> High Performance Computing Center
> National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC)
> Bangkok, Thailand

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net