[GRASS5] CELL->FP converting

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Oct 30 12:14:01 EST 2000

Hi Huidae,

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 03:43:20AM +0900, Huidae Cho wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> Here are some efforts for easy converting CELL to FP.
> Please check these sources and give me a hint :-)
>
> This module simply shows raster map's values.
> There are three functions and two data types.
>
> is_null_value() can be used for CRAY instead of G_is_null_value().
> value2str() is used to print values of various type of raster.
> cpvalue() copies src[scol] to dest[dcol].
>
> RASTER_PTR union may free us from complicated typecasting.
> RASTER_MAP_PTR has raster map type and it's data.
>
> Just try. :-)

It seems to work fine! But generally the functions should
follow the GIS library name convention:
G_is_null_value(), ...

Do you think your new functions could become part of the
GIS library and simplify GRASS raster programming?
If so we would have to check for conflicts with existing
G_is_null_value() code. But generally such simplification is
very welcome!

Would these function be sufficient to update r.watershed to FP?

Kind regards

 Markus