[GRASS5] list of modules with interface problems

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Mon Oct 30 10:54:56 EST 2000

Hi Markus, Andreas, all others,

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 11:09:10AM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 07:34:55PM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> > while reworking the test suite (dejagnu) (should work now) i found some
> > modules not reacting correctly to the "help" parameter on command line.
> > I added these modules with a short description to the BUGS file.
> >
> > Some modules do produce "garbage" output with the
> > "--interface-description" flag, which makes the output fail parsing with
> > a xml parser. For your information here the list of modules:
> >
> > {m.lulc.USGS} {Mlulc.read} {Mlulc.USGS} {v.surf.rst} {v.out.atlas}
> > {v.in.dxf2} {v.in.dxf} {v.in.atlas} {s.surf.rst} {r.weighted.cn}
> > {r.resamp.rst} {r.random} {r.out.rlc} {r.mapcalc} {r.flow} {r.colors}
> > {m.in.stf1.db3} {m.in.pl94.db3} {i.tape.mss.h} {i.gensigset} {g.list}
> > {d.where} {d.rhumbline} {d.paint.labels} {d.colormode}

> Here the help parameter seems to be o.k. (for me):
> {r.colors}      problem?
> {i.tape.mss.h}  problem?
> {i.gensigset}   problem?
> {g.list}        problem?
> {d.where}       problem?
> {d.rhumbline}   problem?
> {d.paint.labels}  problem?
> {d.colormode}     problem?
> {v.in.dxf2}    problem?
> {v.in.dxf}     problem?
>
> So it might be an XML-problem (hi Jan).

for r.colors, g.list, v.in.dxf and v.in.dxf2 the commands output
'more_usage()' to stderr when G_parser() returns something < 0.
I would like to have these additional information in the xml
ui-description, but in that case some new features need
to be added to the structures carrying the interface information
for G_parser() - anyone volunteers to harmonizes this?

However, it does not distrub the parser since --interface-description
will invoke output to stdout. Hence on a bash with
r.colors --interface-specification 2>/dev/null you will see
only the xml description. The stuff from 'more_usage()' will
also have no influence when piping the xml stuff to the gui
builder.

I haven't found a problem for the other commands.

Cheers

	Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/