[GRASS5] [jberry@innovativegis.com: MapCalc trade name]

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat Oct 28 06:28:00 EDT 2000

Hi all,

I just checked the U.S. trademark and patents server:
US Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS)
http://www.uspto.gov/

The GRASS page is:
http://tess.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=8ecrj1.6.1

(TARR contains current status, correspondence address and attorney of record
for this mark. Use the "Back" button of the
                                  Internet Browser to return to TESS)

Typed Drawing

 Word Mark
               THE GEOGRAPHICAL RESOURCE ANALYSIS SUPPORT SYSTEM - GRASS
 Goods and Services
               (ABANDONED) IC 009. US 038. G & S: image processing and
geographic information system software. FIRST USE:
               19841201. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19850901
 Mark Drawing Code
               (1) TYPED DRAWING
 Serial Number
               74265526
 Filing Date
               April 8, 1992
 Owner
               (APPLICANT) U. S. Army Construction Engineering Research
Laboratory FEDERAL AGENCY ILLINOIS P.O. Box 9005
               Champaign ILLINOIS 618269005
 Type of Mark
               TRADEMARK
               PRINCIPAL
 Live/Dead Indicator
               DEAD
 Abandonment Date
               January 19, 1993

This indicates we should become active here!
Strange, they abandoned it before withdrawing the development...

Regards

 Markus

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology