[GRASS5] proposal for a grass command interface description for automatic GUI building

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Tue Oct 24 02:59:18 EDT 2000

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 12:18:35AM +0200, Andreas Lange wrote:
> I have only to add that some modules in GRASS 5.0 need updating/fixing
> to work as expected.

The user interface description would benefit from some face lifting
within the GRASS commands. I'll need to go through a number of commands
(for the grass-ossim bridge I will focus on raster commands)
and look for problems.

> First there should be some standardization on the interface, eg. we have
> to define when to use "file=" and when "input= output=" etc.
> This is not required for the XML parsing, but for the user. And should
> be done as soon as possible.

I have seen the recent postings about this issue. The standardization
would benefit any kind of GRASS user interface.
I am really happy to see people work on this matter.

> If you find modules that do not work as expected, please tell me as i
> will try to update them (already fixed g.setproj).

Sure :-)

Cheers

	Jan

--