[GRASS5] Debugging modules ...

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Sat Oct 21 12:45:01 EDT 2000

Hi Eric, Hi David,

thanks a lot for the information. I can run now DDD from within a grass
session. But i have the problem with r.reclass that i can not do any
input. Will investigate this further another time.

The "unstripped" binaries/libraries take up half of my diskspace.

I finally got the thing with the cmd/inter modules and the switching
with the bin in grass-5.0b/bin. Are all modules that use
interactive/commandline mode using the commandline module to process the
input from the interactive version? (e. g. r.reclass from bin/inter uses
system("r.reclass ...")).

Maybe i will write a script that exports the grass enviroment to use
DDD/gdb from outside the grass shell.

cu,

Andreas

Eric G . Miller wrote:

> I did the following and was able to run a module with DDD (uses gdb).
>
> In grass/src/CMD/head/head set the following (don't use any
> optimization)
>
> COMPILE_FLAGS       = -g
> LDFLAGS             =
>
> Then, for whatever module delete the OBJ* dir and rerun gmake5.  Then
> run gdb (or DDD in this case) on the executable in
> executable in <path>/grass-5.0b/bin/ is not what you're interested in.
>
> --
> /bin/sh ~/.signature:
> Command not found

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net