[GRASS5] Re: Code freeze

David D Gray ddgray at armadce.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 16:43:39 EDT 2000

Markus Neteler wrote:

> [...]
> The branch freeze is our agreement. I think I cannot physically freeze
> it to limit submissions to bugfixes. But the new tree shall be established
> asap (after discussing it's final form, a draft is here:
> documents/new_directory_structure.txt )
>
> Hoping for getting out the stable release soon,
>
>  Markus

Markus, everyone

It might be a good idea to have at least one pre-release ( GRASS 5.0
PR1) out before the definitive final release, so that users can test the
distribution.  Can I suggest a time-scale something like:

Mid-November: release candidate distributed.
(all well) 1 Jan: GRASS 5.0 stable (GRASS ME  :)  )

Of course it depends on release-critical bugs, more might be revealed by
a candidate release.

David