[GRASS5] Compiling NVIZ with tcl/tk 8.3 fails

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sun Oct 1 10:37:25 EDT 2000

Hi all,

good news: tcltkgrass seems to work o.k. with any tcl/tk version
(I added a missing fix on Friday).

But I cannot manage to compile NVIZ (after setting the src/Gmakefile
to tcl/tk 8.3):

OBJ.i686-pc-linux-gnu/nvizMain.o: In function `main':
/home/neteler/ggg/src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/nvizMain.c:43: undefined
reference to `Tk_Main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [nvwish] Error 1

.. I need a tcl-guru...

Another general problem is there: Shall we link the tcl/tk libs
static into the GRASS binaries? Otherwise the users using a different
tcl/tk8.x version will run into troubles. Or is there any other option
to fix the mess will the different tcl/tk8. versions?

Regards

 Markus