[GRASS5] PERL guru wanted for g.html2man

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed Sep 27 22:56:56 EDT 2000

Justin Hickey wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > Hi again,
> >
> > it is planned to generate all man/ and cat/ pages from
> > HTML (html/html/) and to remove the man+cat section from
> > CVS. There is a script "g.html2man" slightly doing this
> > job. But the quality is still poor as it does not
> > detect <p> (but <P>) and other tags. The script is
> > here:
> >
> > src/scripts/contrib/g.html2man/g.html2man
> >
> > written in PERL. Frank Warmerdam and me would be glad
> > if a PERL wizard could look at it and correct such bugs
> > (and probably implement missing standard tags).
>
> I won't claim to be a Perl guru :), but I'll take a look at it by next
> week.

Actually, I just took a quick look and it doesn't seem too difficult to
understand. Markus, if you want, we can take this off list and if you
are willing to tell me the problems you have, I can fix the script. For
example, fixing the <p> problem is a simple change. But I would like to
fix all known problems before committing the fixes to the CVS tree. What
do you think?

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th