[GRASS5] PERL guru wanted for g.html2man

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Sep 27 12:23:49 EDT 2000

Hi again,

it is planned to generate all man/ and cat/ pages from
HTML (html/html/) and to remove the man+cat section from
CVS. There is a script "g.html2man" slightly doing this
job. But the quality is still poor as it does not
detect <p> (but <P>) and other tags. The script is
here:

src/scripts/contrib/g.html2man/g.html2man

written in PERL. Frank Warmerdam and me would be glad
if a PERL wizard could look at it and correct such bugs
(and probably implement missing standard tags).

Or: If you know a better script, we can even replace the
existing.

This should be an issue for GRASS 5 stable as it prevents
us from extra conversion work (to generate the MAN files).

Thanks for listening

 Markus