[GRASS5] [david_finlayson@yahoo.com: Bugreport GRASS 5] Tcl/Tk 8.x

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Sep 27 04:44:33 EDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 10:27:47AM -0400, Eric Mitchell wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > find attached another bug report concenring Tcl/Tk.
> > The problem of different Tcl/tK versions we have to
> > fix for the stable release.
> >
> > a) source code:
> >  I suggest that the "configure" checks for the current
> >  tcl/tk version and writes this to src/CMD/head/head
> >
> > b) binary code:
> >    - tcltkgrass and
> >    - nviz2.2
> >    require to have an "intelligent" version search engine
> >    to detect the proper "wish" file >=wish8.0

Hi all,

I have checked in a new startup script for tcltkgrass which searches
for wish8.x in current $PATHs. It seems to be working (at least for
me). Please test on your installation:

cvs update src/tcltkgrass
cd src/tcltkgrass; gmake5

Probably it needs more modifications, actually it is quite simple.

I will do the same for NVIZ.

Yours

 Markus