[GRASS5] Ideas

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Sep 25 02:14:17 EDT 2000

Hi Tim

Tim Cera wrote:
> 1) Separation of the code from the interface.

I have already started taking steps to do this. But my proposal will
allow any interface to be used, including HTML. Basically when a grass
program needs to print or input data, it does so through a generic
function call. That function call checks which interface is being used
and then calls the appropriate function in the interface code. If you
want a specific interface, you only need to code the interface
functions. You would not have to touch any Grass core functions.

I am only doing a small part of this. As you say, it will take a lot of
work to do all of grass. But at least I will provide a model that others
can follow.

> 4) All monitors should be stopped automatically if you quit GRASS, or
> at least ask if you want to stop all monitors.

This already exists in tcltkgrass under the quit menu item.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center