[GRASS5] CRAY T3E compile errors

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Sep 25 01:17:43 EDT 2000

Hi Markus

Most of these can be fixed by casting, and it appears that most of the
casts will be OK. I have noted which ones need some care.

Markus Neteler wrote:
>   Argument of type "struct poly_vert_info **" is incompatible with parameter
> of
>           type "void **".
>
>                 swap_pointers (&Vert, &Vert2);
>                                ^

This one should be safe to cast.

>   Argument of type "struct poly_vert_info **" is incompatible with parameter
> of
>           type "void **".
>
>                 swap_pointers (&Vert, &Vert2);
>                                       ^

This one should be safe to cast

>   Argument of type "pntDescript ***" is incompatible with parameter of type
>           "void **".
>
>     res = btree_find( hDB, keyHolder, &dataHolder );
>                                       ^

Already fixed by David (I think)

>   Argument of type "struct Map_info **" is incompatible with parameter of
> type
>           "struct Map_info *".
>
>             Vect_close (&Map);
>                         ^

Looks like a typo, perhaps Map is declared as a pointer already and
passing the address of Map is passing a double pointer, thus the
conflict. You can verify this if other calls to Vect_close exist.
Otherwise, I still think it is safe to simply remove the "&" from Map.
Note this also applies to the second error. Another thing you could do
is check the code in Vect_close to see how Map is used. If it is used as
a single pointer then you can get rid of the "&".

>   The struct "<unnamed>" has no field "_shortbuf".
>
>       while (match == 0 && Closet->dig_fp->_shortbuf[1])  /* try to upgrade
> in 5/2000 */
>                                            ^

Ahh! This one happened to me as well. There are #ifdef's in place
already for this line in the code. In the code they check for a struct
member called _cnt for SGI, and _bf._size for CYGWIN and FreeBSD. Check
the file /usr/include/stdio.h to see if either of these members are
inside the FILE structure. If it is there, then add the appropriate
"defined (cray)" check (just guessing on the cray part, you will need to
verify the proper variable name) in the source code. If there is no
match in the FILE struct, then send the FILE struct details to me and I
will see if I can determine the proper member to check. It may be the
same as the SGI line since SGI owned (or still does own) Cray.

> "binfer.l":line 13: Error: Missing translation value
> Make: "lex binfer.l": Error code 1
>
> -> looks like a problem with  "%option lex-compat"

No idea with this one.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th