[GRASS5] Ideas

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Sun Sep 24 08:21:10 EDT 2000

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 06:54:57PM -0500, Tim Cera wrote:
> 3) Move GRASS development to Sourceforge - http://sourceforge.net/
> Marcus Neteler has mentioned at least twice about the amount of time
> that he spends tracking bugs.  Sourceforge offers CVS repository, bug
> tracking, mailing lists, web space,...etc. all for free.

SourceForge isn't the solution to everything though.  For very large
projects, the bug tracking might not scale well, however a recent change
was made that allows bulk updating of bug status.

In the case of one of the Open Source projects that I lead, Netrek, we
chose to adopt SourceForge for bug tracking but leave the CVS repository
in the same place it was before.  Insufficient reason to move, and the
service from the current place is better; 24x7 pager support.

So there is no reason to move _everything_.

It would be purely up to Marcus, in my humble opinion.

Perhaps a Marcus-local instance of SourceForge software?