[GRASS5] Code Freeze schedule

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Fri Sep 22 05:08:03 EDT 2000

Oops. I think I misunderstood you the first time. I think you meant to
have a command line program that would simply run a batch process in
grass. Is that right? If so I don't see the need for such a thing since
all you need to do is enter grass and then run your batch command. Even
though the startup will be graphical, you will still be able to open a
grass shell. Thus, the bacth command processing will still be available.

Sorry for the confusion.

Justin Hickey wrote:

> Hi Michel
>
> Michel Wurtz wrote:
> >
> > Markus Neteler a écrit :
> > > believe that I am far from putting pressure on you! But I think
> > > that a graphical login to GRASS 5 is very important. So it would
> >
> > I will like a graphical login, but there should also be a command-line
> > login :
>
> You're right, and we already included this in the design. The user will
> have a choice to use either the old interface or the new GUI one. By
> default the GUI will pop up, but by passing a command line argument to
> the grass5 script, the user can use the old interface. Another option I
> am thinking of is using an environment variable to indicate which
> interface to start, but I haven't decided on that one yet.
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
> High Performance Computing Center
> National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC)
> Bangkok, Thailand

Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th