[GRASS5] licence

Helena Mitasova - staff helena at gis.uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 18 11:26:41 EDT 2000

Berhard,

You can change the following (I will doublecheck with Bill,
but these were funded by CERL so there should not be a problem):
grass/src/libes/datetime
grass/src/raster/r.surf.area/main.c,v

All geom stuff may be a problem - the earlier sofwtware was
public domain but then ncsa and uofi put some restrictions on it
(after the people who developed this and lots of other triangulation
code founded a company which is  actually located here in Triangle
but I cannot find Roman's Waupotitsch current email anywhere
and I am not sure whether he moved over here or not).
I know that they had lots of troubles with uofi. I will keep
searching.
grass/src/libes/geom/optri

For r.water.fea please contact Baxter Vieux:

Baxter Vieux, Associate Professor
                 EMAIL: bvieux at ou.edu
              HOMEPAGE: http://chief.ecn.ou.edu/
                 PHONE: (405) 325-5911
                   FAX: (405) 325-4217
       MAILING ADDRESS:
           School of Civil Engineering and Environmental Science
                                    University of Oklahoma
                                    202 W Boyd St., Room 334
                                    Norman, OK 73019

For the Pablo stuff for HDF - Dan Reed, the head of
Computer Science at UofI has just become a director of NCSA,
with lots of changes and new construction handling issues
so I don't really want to bother him with this.

It would be probably better to check with Mike Folk
(he knows GRASS so you don't need to explain him what it is)

Senior Software Engineer and Manager of the HDF Group.
     mfolk at ncsa.uiuc.edu

you can also check out their web site about hdf
http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/
to see whether what is in GRASS is up-to-date.

I hope that this helps,

Helena