[GRASS5] Bug report - Grass 5b8, d.what.rast, d.profile

tstrang tstrang at trytel.com
Tue Sep 12 22:44:01 EDT 2000

Markus,

I encountered a couple of flaws in behaviour of Grass 5b8.

1) d.what.rast displays its output twice to the tcltkgrass screen and
prints it twice to file when in single selection mode. In command line
mode d.what.rast works fine. I program in c and tcl, so I looked around
a bit at the sources - but don't have the familiarity with the code base
to find an obvious solution.

2) d.profile displays the correct location and elevation with the "where
am I" selection, but generates a flat line profile for any transect
across my raster elevation maps. The flat line has a consistent value on
the y axes of 17519 and /3963632 at the origin. I recall this module
worked ok for me in early 5b releases, but has failed in this manner in
both 5b7 and 5b8.

Grass5b8 was compiled from source on my stock RH6.1 system.

Grass has been a saviour for my research projects that require a GIS
component, both in terms of my `budget' :-) and technical capability of
GRASS. I've been following its fortunes for five years now. Kudos to you
and the rest of the team. If there is a more appropriate place to post
further bug reports than directly to you please let me know.

Thanks,
----tom

Tom Strang
Conservation Scientist