[GRASS5] Postgresql and Grass

Michel Wurtz mw at teledetection.fr
Fri Sep 15 04:09:27 EDT 2000

I wonder if putting Postgress along Grass is really good on the long
term.  It seems to me that Grass could (should ?) be the (geo)graphical
interface to postgress, at least for the vector data (i.e. areas, lines
and sites), and that all attributes should be managed by the RDBMS.

The negative point of this approach is that Grass won't work without
PostgresSQL, but it will be something much more usable for "real work",
where the attributes are as important as the geometry of objects.

Michel Wurtz