[GRASS5] Digging for license problems

David D Gray ddgray at armadce.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 23:45:48 EDT 2000

> "Huddleston, John" wrote:
>
> To Grass5 list,
>
> Concerning the linear algebra routines, can we use the
> netlib http://www.netlib.org/master/expanded_liblist.html
> work for grass?
>
> John Huddleston, P.E.
> USDA Computer Engineer
> 2150 Centre Ave, Bldg. A, T220
> Fort Collins, CO 80526
> (970) 295-5485 (Work)
> (970) 295-5414 (FAX)
> John.Huddleston at usda.gov

In the long term, it would be good to have standard math libs for
modules to link to. For linear algebra, the BLAS etc. routines are as
standard as you get, and are also well tested and efficient. Only the
fact that they are mostly in fortran is felt by some to be a sticky
issue. I think though it is a significant project to go through all the
routines and change the calls to a central library.

For the current problem I am looking at the KVERT routine (or a C
translation of it) to just add to the module.

David