[GRASS5] Thought on my CVS problem

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed Sep 13 04:25:09 EDT 2000

Hello Bernhard

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 02:50:28PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> > But these files are platform dependent (especially the autoconf files).
>
> configure should not be platform dependent.
> Most free software packages coming with a ready to run configure
> and lex and yacc output files.
>
> So you can compile without proper automake/autoconf installed.
> But you need this as a developer if you want to create configure.

OK, but the main reason I said they were platform dependent was due to
the amount of differences between the CVS files and those generated on
my machine. See for example, the src/raster/r.weight/inter/gis_pars.c
file. Click the following link and choose Diff to previous 1.2 from
version 1.3

http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass/src/raster/r.weight/inter/gis_pars.c

As you can see, the files are completely different and I don't know if
the compiling one on a different platform will cause problems or not.
What do you think?

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th