[GRASS5] CVS unstable

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Sep 11 06:55:48 EDT 2000

Hello all

As you know I just committed changes for compiling GRASS on SGI. When I
did, there were so many directories I thought I would save myself some
time and commit from the top directory letting CVS take care of the
files that need to be changed. This was a stupid thing to do! It also
picked up changes that I never made. Some are understandable, like the
files generated by flex and yacc, but some are not, like man pages
getting wiped out.

Needless to say that at present, the CVS tree is unstable. I am in the
process of trying to determine the changes I did not intend to make and
revert these back to their original files. However, this is going to
take some time.

Another thing I don't understand is that I only received about 5 commit
mails instead of the 30 to 40 (maybe more??) that should have been sent.
Anyone know why this would happen?

Please bear with as I try to fix this stupid mistake. Sorry for any
inconvenience that I may have caused.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th