[GRASS5] Driver Update

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat Apr 28 11:38:22 EDT 2001

Hi Glynn,

here a new report:

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 06:59:38PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> d.display
 -> o.k. now (except the frame leftover bug not related to xdriver)
> i.class
 -> o.k. now
> i.colors
 -> o.k. now
> i.ortho.photo
 -> o.k. now

> i.points
> i.points3
> i.vpoints
 -> see my other mail (i.points3 preferred which is buggy)

> v.area
 -> o.k. now
> v.digit
 -> o.k. now

> d.fix.ortho   (src.contrib/SCS)
 -> o.k. now

> r.weight
> r.water.fea	(src.contrib/CERL)
> paint/driver/preview
> paint/driver/preview2
 -> these are untested (volunteers?)

>From your other mail:
>> GRASS:~ > d.erase
>> Monitor <x0>: Premature EOF
>>
>> Same story with d.rast: if you CTRL-C it, the monitor is blocked.
>> In past this treatment was accepted and the monitor didn't die.
>> Closing is (of course) still possible. Could you change the treatment of
>> "Premature EOF" in the monitor to keep the monitor working?
>
>This implies that some state is being retained between connections.
>This shouldn't happen, and I can't immediately see how it is
>happening. I'll look into it.

This is fixed, thanks. The monitor keeps working now.

Thanks for your work,

 Markus