[GRASS5] module's map query and cursor support

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sat Apr 28 04:21:41 EDT 2001

Good morning,

as Huidae fixed the cursor support in entry screen I got the idea
if it would be nice to implement "curses" into the interactive
map query aswell (when starting a GRASS module). Then you would
be able to use cursor keys to correct typos etc.

I am thinking of this:

d.rast

OPTION:   Raster map to be displayed
     key: map
required: YES

Enter the name of an existing raster file
Enter 'list' for a list of existing raster files
Hit RETURN to cancel request

Here cursor key support would be nice. As this is done in the library
it might only need central changes for all modules.

I don't expect any bad side effects and want to throw this idea into
discussion,

 Markus