[GRASS5] g.gnuplot

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Apr 27 04:27:58 EDT 2001

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 04:35:34PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Glynn Clements wrote:
>
> > >   Would it be possible to specify the program to use, similar to $EDITOR or
> > > $VISUAL?
> >
> > That shouldn't take much work; I'll get onto it once CVS is back up.
>
>   Thanks, Glynn. Just let us know -- in the documentation -- what variable
> name you've chosen.

.. and please add to
documents/envVars.txt

Thanks!

 Markus

PS: Here the g.gnuplot history: gnuplot once was modified to write directly
into the GRASS monitor instead of opening it's own window. That's why
g.gnuplot was invented. However, this is extra work and doesn't make much
sense to me. Even it would be impossible keep both versions in sync. So
"gnuplot" should be fine.