[GRASS5] Algorithm i.rectify[2] ?

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Apr 26 11:22:44 EDT 2001

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 11:21:04AM -0400, Angus Carr wrote:
> It is nearest neighbour only.
>
> I looked into this at some past point, around version 4.1/4.2, I think.
> I doubt anyone has changed it.

Hi Angus,

thanks for clarification. What do you think: Can we live with that?
Probably an interpolating algorithm would produce smoother results?
But I am not sure what's preferred.

Regards

 Markus

> Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > Hi again,
> >
> > a colleague of mine wanted to know how pixel values are treated
> > in i.rectify[2]. Is it a nearest neighbour algorithm or does it
> > calculate an average of neighboured pixels if they fall into one
> > resulting cell? To be honest, I don't understand this from the
> > sources.
> > Once we know a note should be added into the related html pages
> > (of course I can do that).
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> >
> >  Markus

Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984