[GRASS5] Driver Update

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed Apr 25 02:57:11 EDT 2001

Hi Glynn

Glynn Clements wrote:
> Do you have strace() or similar?

Hmmpf. It figures that strace on SGI is different from Linux. The best I
can do here is provide you with a system call trace, but I don't know if
that will be useful to you. Please let me know if you want it anyway.

> If so, a trace of the XDRIVER
> process would help a lot. If not, could you add some printf()s to
> src/display/devices/lib/main.c and see if that tells us anything.

The following is the output with some fprintf()'s and some comments by
me (preceeded with //)

using default visual which is TrueColor
Visual is read-only or using a private colormap
ncolors: 32768
allocating memory...
About to call prepare_connection_sock
About to call get_connection_sock
Graphics driver [x0] started
About to call Do-work (0)
About to call get_connection_sock
About to call Do-work (1)
About to call Do-work (1)
// Slight pause here
Warning - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
Check to see if the mouse is still active.
ERROR - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
About to call close(_wfd)
About to call get_connection_sock
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
About to call Do-work (0)
About to call get_connection_sock
About to call Do-work (1)
About to call Do-work (1)
// Again the pause
Warning - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
Check to see if the mouse is still active.
ERROR - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
About to call close(_wfd)
// d.mon ends
About to call get_connection_sock
About to call Do-work (0)
About to call get_connection_sock
About to call Do-work (0)
// These 2 lines are continually printed until I close the monitor
// window

I don't know if this is helpful to you or not. Please let me know if you
want me to place print statements in other places in the code.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center