[GRASS5] 5.0.0pre1 on mac osx

andy agena andya at mac.com
Tue Apr 24 16:24:13 EDT 2001

Howdy all:

I decided to go ahead an try to compile yesterday's cvs snapshot on Mac
OS X (10.0.1) and had my first successful GRASS compile ever! -- I'm now
1 for 25.  (Well, a few modules noted below didn't compile).

I can't get tcltkgrass, d.mon via sockets, nor nviz to fly.

-	GRASS 5.0.0pre1 > /usr/local/grass5/bin/tcltkgrass:  command not
found:  wish [3]

-	d.mon start=x0
	Error:  could not execute '/usr/local/grass5/driver/XDRIVER'
	No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>

-	nviz2.2:  Command not found

 From the compile error log:

Compilation error in module: src/display/devices/XDRIVER (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/display/d.colors (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/display/d.scale (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.class (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.ortho.photo (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.points (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.points3 (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.vpoints (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.in.gdal (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.in.png (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.out.png (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.tiff (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2 (ignored)

since XDRIVER and NVIZ2.2 weren't compiled, obviously they won't work.
How do I begin to troubleshoot this?  Try gmake on them?

Thanks,
Andy Agena