[GRASS5] problem selecting name of graphic computer

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Apr 20 05:31:28 EDT 2001

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 03:15:06AM -0000, ja id wrote:
> hi!
> i have a problem to run the command of d.mon. There is an error to running
> this command ....what i'm going to do..
Please send the error message, otherwise it will be difficult to help.

> and one more question..what the requirement data that must already have in
> this software tclkgrass
tclkgrass need the "tcl" and "tk" libraries to be installed on your system.
It it a menu for GRASS.

Regards

 Markus

> >From: Markus Neteler <neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de>
> >To: grass5 at geog.uni-hannover.de
> >Subject: Re: [GRASS5] testing GRASS5.0.0pre1
> >Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:19:05 +0100
> >
> >On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:12:26AM -0400, mberglund wrote:
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > FWIW, r.in.gdal works like a champ on Suse 7.1 with the 2.4.X kernels.
> > > Compiles cleanly and runs fine (Producing useful output).
> >That's nice to hear.
> >
> > > After you use r.in.gdal, please do me a favor and verify that you can
> >use
> > > r.patch to attach a couple images together.
> > >
> > > I am trouble-shooting r.patch now as it produces NO output.
> > >
> > > r.patch gets to the point where it says is will produce the support
> >files
> > > and then runs forever. Yesterday I let one process run for over 14
> >hours.
> > > No result was produced and the temp file did not change past the first
> >10
> > > minutes or so.
> > >
> > > Any results would be nice (I really hope I am not chasing shadows).
> >Mhhh...
> >
> >I just tried r.patch with a small map:
> >
> >g.region -p; date ; r.patch in=areaA,areaB out=patch; date
> >projection: 99 (Transverse Mercator)
> >zone:       0
> >datum:      potsdam
> >ellipsoid:  bessel
> >north:      5772695
> >south:      5766875
> >west:       3559800
> >east:       3569180
> >nsres:      5
> >ewres:      5
> >rows:       1164
> >cols:       1876
> >Don Apr 19 17:43:43 CEST 2001
> >r.patch: percent complete:  100%
> >CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR patch
> >Don Apr 19 17:43:49 CEST 2001
> >
> >2MB of cells take 6 seconds to complete (1Ghz AMD). The result is looking
> >well. If you patch 500+MB, probably the tmp-space is too small (although
> >you should get a G_malloc() error message then)?
> >
> >Probably you have a region problem. Try to run
> >g.region rast=myrastermap -p
> >
> >on every map and see if the coordinates are o.k. I am pretty sure that
> >r.patch works properly.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >  Markus

Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984