[GRASS5] Canadian mirror wanted

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Apr 17 16:13:14 EDT 2001

Dear Angus,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 03:25:35PM -0400, Angus Carr wrote:
> For what it is worth, Markus, I have to admit failing the GRASS
> community.  I have been unable to do the maintenance needed for the
> Canadian Mirror. I have been out of the GRASS arena for a year now, and
> it doesn't look like I am getting back into it any time soon.
>
> I will remove the now sadly out of date mirror. There is kruft there
> from before the mid-GRASS5 shuffle.
>
> My thanks to all who have participated in development of GRASS. Keep up
> doing what you need to do to make GRASS work for you.
>
> Angus Carr.

I am sad to hear that you leave us! We have to be grateful to
*you* as you helped so much in the earlier days of GRASS 5 and
providing web space for the growing GRASS community.

Hopefully you keep in touch with us and maybe come back later.

Thanks for all your contributions,
kind regards

 Markus Neteler

> Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > the current Canadian mirror seems to be out of sync for
> > some month. Is anyone willing to host a Canadian GRASS mirror
> > site (580MB required)? Otherwise I should "eliminate" Canada
> > from the mirror map and list...
> >
> > Regards
> >
> >  Markus Neteler

Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984